Tuesday, February 2, 2010

The Fellowship


So, no gun - false alarm. But there was a pudding cup soon after. And waffles, well it's only a matter of time. Now that we've cleared that up, on to business.

I first began reading/viewing the Perry Bible Fellowship comics, as a high school student, in Baltimore's City Paper. Since I've discovered their web presence, I can't tell you how many times I've visited the site.

It tells a story in a classic, easy to understand way: the comic. The pictures are simple, separated into usually 3 or 4 windows, and sometimes delightfully laced with profanities. Really, what's easier to understand than a series of attractive pictures that tell a funny story? I, however, would find this incredibly hard to create. Coming up with a story and images week after week...AND making it funny? I'd probably run out of material in a month, after which of course I'd be fired and shamed.

But c'est la vie. I leave the comics up to professionals - the professional here being super genius Nicholas Gurewitch - who always seem to know how to get it just right.

No comments:

Post a Comment