Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Snowpocalypse Now


I hate snow.

Living in Baltimore, snow just stops everything: no mail, no trash pick up, random businesses close leaving me bereft of vintage goods, Jamaican foods, and free books. Sure school and work are canceled but I'm getting an MFA in writing - I can write anywhere. I have the capability to work from home so I'm expected to work at home. Ugh.

Then there's the mess - tiny mountains on the side of the road, salty slush that floods and ruins my shoes, and people who for some reason think dog shit will magically disappear in the snow.

It doesn't. It just freezes and stays there. It's preserved until the sun melts everything and then it's still a piece of shit on the street.

I need some snow boots and a good stiff drink.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderfully expressed. Yes my dog wouldn't poop on the snow so in the road and I did my neighborly duty and scooped it up!

    ReplyDelete